Welcome to Polymer Web Components tutorial


Since May 2015, I have read the interesting news about web development world, that is, Polymer 1.0 have been launched. Its idea is that it runs complex components on our web page behind the scene(on the other words, "Shadow DOM"). Therefore we just focus on the concept of the webpage, other parts in our webpage will be composed together, you may think it as "Lego". Another feature is that all of components is encapsulated which mean that the style you wrote in the component won't leak out upward onto your main page, as well as the style in your main page won't leak into the component. What a good idea !!!
As I am a WordPress theme developer, I really want to adopt Polymer as my WordPress theme core. Then I did start googling to search out tutorials about how we can use it in our WordPress theme. Unfortunately, I found nothing about the subject. That is the reason why I start this blog and share knowledge and experience about Polymer & WordPress Theme Development I have with you.
This blog will be divided into 6 chapters.
  • Chapter 1 : Basic of Web Components : you will learn what the Web Components is. And create your own using a traditional way(I call it "hardcore JavaScript!!!").
  • Chapter 2 : fundamental of Polymer : in this chapter you will know What Polymer is ? How we can build our own components or use build-in components and place it in our webpage ?
  • Chapter 3 : The fundamental of WordPress theme : Before you build Polymer-core WordPress Theme, you need to know the fundamental as well as create your simple one.
  • Chapter 4 : Mix Polymer and WordPress together : this chapter is quite important. you will know how can we use it as our WordPress theme core instead of traditional ways ? and how we can organize our code to be more tidy.
  • Chapter 5 : Use polyfill to make it compatible with unsupported browsers : as you may know that Web Components haven't been supported by all browsers. We need our theme to display and run correctly in those browsers, even if they haven't supported it yet. Polyfill will deal with this major problem. Cheers !!!
  • Chapter 6 : Ways to reuse those components in another theme : another amazing thing is that we can reuse our components easily than ever. Just importing those components and drop elements on our webpage.
I hope you love this blog. If you have questions or ideas please let me know by comment below. Any suggestion or feedback will be very much welcome :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Pakpoom. Nishant again...

    Why dont you make a wordpress blog for the idea of making wordpress blog integrating polymer?
    I would love to join you in this idea of testing and exploring it. This is a very basic site that I developed with wordpress i.e http://nishdcoder.com/surya/ if you think I could join you please let me know, it will be my pleasure to work on it.
    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pakpoom, I'm very happy to see someone else planning to work with WP and Webcomponents. For my research I was surprised finding nothing, like you were. Now that i found your blog I was excited to go through its content but where is all content? I only see the intro Article listing all chapters. Please answer me when you will deliver your tutorial, I will revisit later. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not find the 6 chapters mentioned, love to learn more about this subject, appreciate your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for web development tutorial. Very helpful information.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello,

    we provide affordable and result-oriented SEO services, please give a chance to serve you.


    Thanks
    Admin: E07.net

    ReplyDelete